Greetings to all aspiring authors! We are constantly on the lookout for fresh voices to join our community. If you have an idea that can engage and enlighten our readers while contributing to the growth of our industry, we invite you to share it with us. You don’t need to wait for a groundbreaking concept; simply offer a unique perspective on a subject that ignites your passion.
Nevertheless, we want to be transparent about our expectations. Becoming a contributor to our platform, 360 Mag, requires dedication and effort. We are committed to assisting you in delivering the best possible article, and we will push you to meet our high standards. Once your submission is accepted, you will receive comprehensive feedback from our team and work closely with an editor to make revisions.
While the journey may be challenging, it is also extremely rewarding. Your work will be read by thousands of peers, potential employers, clients, or publishers, providing you with valuable exposure. Additionally, you will gain insights into effective communication and writing skills, as well as a deeper understanding of the subject matter you thought you knew well.
Submission Criteria: What We Seek
Feel free to submit a rough draft, a partial draft, or a concise pitch (a paragraph summarizing your argument and its relevance to our readers), along with an outline. The more detailed your submission, the more insightful feedback we can offer.
Please note that we exclusively accept original content; we do not publish material that has been previously featured elsewhere, including personal blogs.
Before submitting, familiarize yourself with our style guide and recent articles to understand the structure and formatting we require. Make sure that your submission:
- Presents a clear thesis and argument, avoiding a mere list of tips.
- Exhibits a distinctive voice that is bold, captivating, and relatable.
- Targets an audience of designers, developers, content strategists, information architects, or similar professionals.
- Supports arguments with facts, not just personal opinions. We encourage fact-checking and proper citation.
- Adheres to our style guide.
For insights into the writing process, please refer to “Writing is Thinking” and explore “So You Want to Write an Article?” to avoid common submission pitfalls.
What We Publish
Our articles typically range from 600 to 2,500 words, depending on the complexity of the subject, with an average length of around 1,500 words. Custom illustrations often accompany articles, and the tone can vary from casual to rigorously structured and edited. Nevertheless, all submissions should delve deeply into current and cutting-edge topics within the web industry.
How to Submit (and What to Expect Next)
To submit your work, please use the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org. We prefer Google documents for easier feedback, but plaintext, Markdown, or HTML formats are also acceptable (please avoid sending ZIP files unless specifically requested). Here is an overview of our submission process:
- An editor will review your submission to assess its potential fit, followed by a team discussion held once a week.
- The editor will gather feedback and provide notes. While initial acceptance is uncommon, we will express our interest if we find your work suitable.
- Address our comments and send the revised draft. The team will review it again and confirm acceptance.
- If your article is accepted, an editor will collaborate with you on organization, argumentation, and style.
- Your publication will be scheduled once revisions are complete, with a specific publication date provided as we approach the go-live date.
We eagerly await your submissions!